All riders at Core Offroad Events are subject to the following regulations:
1. Riders accept that they will be participating in a challenging and risky activity using mechanically propelled vehicles, recognised as such under the Road Traffic Act (Off Road) Regulations 1991. The rider accepts that dangerous conditions plus dangerous, careless and inconsiderate driving plus high speeds plus the use of amateur constructed or modified vehicles may significantly increase the risk of being killed, permanently disabled or seriously injured.
2. Riders acknowledge that participation in an event entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to themselves, to property or to third parties. It is understood that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of this event.
3.The rider has satisfied themselves of the preparation and condition of their vehicle and the course and do self certify that the margins of safety, barriers and braking areas are adequate and suitable for their degree of competence and type of vehicle. The rider accepts the responsibility of monitoring all conditions that may materially change the aforementioned and they participate of their own free will.
4.The rider accepts that participation in an event is purely voluntary and elects to participate in spite of the risks.
5.The rider confirms that their vehicle has no known faults which may lead to a mechanical failure which could cause 3rd Party damage, injury or death & will use all appropriate Safety Equipment. They accept that a ’head cam’ attachment could compromise their safety in a collision.
6.The rider certifies that they have adequate insurance to cover damage caused or suffered whilst participating, or agrees to bear the costs of such damage to their vehicle and that they have no known medical condition which may be adversely affected by participating.
7.The rider will not have taken any substance / medication which may affect their ability to control their vehicle.
8.The rider has read the rules and regulations governing this event and has understood the conditions and agrees to be bound by them and accepts that any breach of the regulations may leave them liable to prosecution and they are free to withdraw at any time without penalty.
9.The rider accepts that the Organisers may use volunteer marshals in order to keep the costs of participating in this event affordable.
10.The rider authorises and permits the Organiser (and third parties connected with the event) to administer first aid and to authorise such other medical treatment and transportation as may be recommended by physicians, paramedics and other medical personnel, in the event of illness, accident or injury.
11.The rider agrees to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Parties in respect of any loss or damage.
12.The rider accepts that none of the involved parties shall have any liability for loss or damage which may be sustained or incurred by them as a result of participation in the Event and forgoes all rights to compensation from driver /rider to driver/rider liability and Insurance. Nothing in this clause is intended to or shall be deemed to exclude or limit liability permitted by law.
13.The rider understands that their personal data is being retained solely for the purposes of staging and insuring the event and will be handled by the Organisers in accordance with the IOPD data protection policy.
IOPD ENTRY REGULATIONS – UNDER 18’s
1. That the date of birth given on entry form is correct and Their Child satisfies the minimum age for the type of event being entered.
2. The parent/ guardian is familiar with the nature of the competition and the risk inherent therein of being killed, permanently disabled, or seriously injured and that I have had the opportunity to inspect the course / track / circuit and its facilities before allowing Their Child to sign on.
3. The parent/ guardian is satisfied and content that Their Child be allowed to participate and that they are competent to do so. The parent/ guardian accepts that the disciplines, life skills and stimulation outweighs the increased risks of injury which can not be eliminated without jeopardising the essential qualities of the activity.
4. Their Child is not taking any medication (prescribed or otherwise) and / or any substance which may affect their ability or judgements in the control of the vehicle.
5. Their child does not suffer from any physical disability or medical condition that would make it unsafe for him / her to participate as a competitor or which may be adversely affected by participating.
6. It is The parent/ guardian responsibility to ensure that Their Child and The parent/ guardian have read and understand the General Regulations of the event and any applicable Supplementary Regulations, Entry Form and Final Instructions and that he / she will comply with them.
7. To the best of the parent/ guardian belief that Their Child possesses the standard of competence necessary for an event of the type to which his / her entry relates and that the machine entered is suitable, safe and complies with the Regulations.
8. Their Child has adequate insurance to cover damage caused or suffered whilst participating, or agrees to bear the costs of such damage to their vehicle.
9. The parent/ guardian accepts that the Organisers may use volunteer marshals in order to keep the costs of participating in this event affordable.
10. The parent/ guardian authorises and permits the Organiser (and third parties connected with the event) to administer first aid and such other medical treatment and transportation as may be recommended by physicians, paramedics and other medical personnel, in the event of illness, accident or injury to Their Child.
International Organisation of Professional Drivers Ltd, Motor Sports Centre, Sandbed, Hebden Bridge HX7 6PT Tel: 01422 843651 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Modified October 20/20